Deadline to ApplyTuesday, 15 August 2017
CompanyRMV Publications Ltd
RMV Publications Ltd is a successful publisher of titles for travellers to the Canadian Rockies. Our Where Canadian Rockies magazine, and RMV Publications maps, dining guides and websites are widely respected and circulated. We operate RMV Creative contract publishing services, and the IMPACT! Brochure Systems distribution business.
Since its founding in 1979, RMV has provided essential information for travellers visiting (or planning to visit) the Alberta communities of Banff, Canmore, Jasper, Kananaskis and Lake Louise. We also serve (to a more limited extent) the BC towns of Golden, Radium, Invermere, Kimberley, Cranbrook and Fernie. Our RMV Creative customers are sometimes located beyond the above mentioned areas.
As our Editor, you will have a full time job with a good salary and long term prospects. You’ll be a senior member of a small and dynamic team that embraces a collaborative culture and produces exceptional results across many media platforms.
You are a professional, tech-savvy and prolific researcher and writer who truly enjoys sharing stories, ‘hot tips’ and what-to do details about the Canadian Rockies with people who travel. Topics you will cover include activities, attractions, shops, restaurants, entertainment, culture and heritage. The narratives and functional advice you generate will reflect our Mission “to enhance vacation experiences by publishing current, reliable and insightful visitor information that is widely accessible in print as well as online through a variety of electronic devices.”
You will enhance the reputation RMV Publications Ltd by maintaining a solid commitment to editorial excellence and community service. Success will include delivering value to our readers, advertisers and tourism industry partners.
• Write stories, ‘hot tips’, detail-rich listings and blogs for print publications, websites and social media.
• Continually research travel opportunities to reflect accurate details (prices, times, descriptions) within our publications.
• Edit business, tourism authority and other third party (and internal) content submissions to meet our editorial standards.
• Hire and manage freelance contributors and editorial interns.
• Help create correspondence (such as newsletters and promotional materials) for clients and other RMV partners.
• Interact with tourism industry personnel to gather content for our titles and enhance our stature within communities we serve.
• Liaison with RMV’s sales, art, circulation and accounting staff as a senior team member to further company objectives.
• Identify and implement efficiencies to keep productivity high and operational costs low.
• Identify and implement opportunities for greater community engagement, brand recognition and profitable growth.
• Ability to generate interesting and factually accurate editorial content that serves the needs of our target readership.
• Excellent interviewing, writing, editing, research, interpersonal, leadership and team-building skills.
• Proficiency in Word, and skills in Wordpress, Indesign, Photoshop, Excel, databases, networks and other programs.
• Affinity to a wide variety of print and online media, including engagement with social networks.
• Knowledge of the Canadian Rockies travel market, ideally with a developed network of peers in its tourism industry.
• You live and work in Banff or Canmore, embrace a ‘mountain lifestyle’ and engage in community affairs.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume and writing samples to [email protected]; note the words Editor Job Application
in the subject line. We will acknowledge all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be personally contacted.